Welcome, and thank you for your interest in HandPrints On My Heart, Inc. (“HandPrints”) web site located at www.HandPrintsOnMyHeart.com (the “HandPrints Site”) and the associated suite of online content, tools, and services operated by HandPrints, which allow users to share their experiences with a network of other users and visitors to the by submitting and content in a variety of media and combining it with media contributed by others (the “HandPrints Service”).
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ANY PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE TO DISPLAY ON THE HANDPRINTS SERVICE – SUCH AS WHEN YOU POST ANY CONTENT– BECOMES PUBLICLY AVAILABLE AND MAY BE COLLECTED AND USED BY OTHERS WITHOUT RESTRICTION.
The Information HandPrints Collects:
• User-provided Information: You may provide to HandPrints what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number, credit card number and billing information) when using the HandPrints Service.
• “Cookies” Information: When you use the HandPrints Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. HandPrints may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the HandPrints Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept cookies from the HandPrints Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the HandPrints Service to their fullest potential.
• “Automatically Collected” Information: When you use the HandPrints Service or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”) or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the HandPrints Service, the pages you view on the HandPrints Service, and the dates and times that you visit the HandPrints Service.
The Way HandPrints Uses Information:
• HandPrints uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the HandPrints Service. We will use your email address for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or to contact you regarding the HandPrints Service, including regarding any content that you have posted to the HandPrints Service.
• HandPrints uses all of the information that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the HandPrints Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
• HandPrints may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the HandPrints Service; (b) provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of HandPrints and third-party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
HandPrints will not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send promotional messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
When HandPrints Discloses Information:
Handprints is not in the business of selling user information. However, in the course of operating our business, there are a number of ways in which we may disclose user information to third parties.
• Except as described in this Policy, we do not share personally identifiable information with third parties without your consent. Please be aware, however, that any personal or personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to display on the HandPrints Service – such as in any content that you post – becomes publicly available and may be collected and used by others without restriction
• HandPrints discloses automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the HandPrints Service.
• HandPrints works with third party service providers to provide website hosting and maintenance as well as other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to HandPrints, these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. Generally, these disclosures are made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was shared.
• HandPrints may also disclose user information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
• HandPrints also reserves the right to disclose user information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect HandPrints and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the HandPrints Service; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of HandPrints, our users, or others.
• Additionally, HandPrints will NOT disclose information to anyone outside those technical services necessary to provide user functionality and will require strict protection of any user information from any supplier.
• Your Choices:
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with HandPrints, in which case HandPrints will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the HandPrints Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time. Please note that while your changes may be reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
The HandPrints Service may contain links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. Any Personal Information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links are displayed on the HandPrints Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, HandPrints does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the HandPrints Service from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of the HandPrints Service is directed to persons under 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS SITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If HandPrints learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on the HandPrints Service without verifiable parental consent, then HandPrints will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained a Site account, then you may alert HandPrints at robert@HandPrintsOnMyHeart.com and request that HandPrints delete that child’s personal information from its systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
HandPrints uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to HandPrints, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, HandPrints makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If HandPrints learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. HandPrints may post a notice through the HandPrints Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at robert@HandPrintsOnMyHeart.com.
The HandPrints Service is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the HandPrints Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and by providing your personally identifiable information on the HandPrints Service you consent to that transfer.
In the Event of Merger or Sale:
While we are not in the business of selling personal information, in the event that all or a portion of HandPrints or its assets is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users, including personally identifiable information, in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
HandPrints Contact Information: